Newcastle Local Services
Newcastle ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Newcastle site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Newcastle Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Newcastle When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Newcastle Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Newcastle Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Newcastle ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Newcastle and a Place to Meet
The newcastle.guide Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Newcastle
Newcastle is a city in the Australian state of New South Wales. It is the second most populated city in the state and is located approximately 160km north of Sydney on the east coast of Australia. Here are some interesting facts about Newcastle:
1. Newcastle is home to the largest coal exporting harbour in the world. The Port of Newcastle exports more than 160 million tonnes of coal every year, making it one of the most important ports in Australia.
2. Newcastle was founded in 1804 as a British penal colony. The city was named after the Duke of Newcastle and was originally established as a place to send convicts who had committed further crimes in the colony of New South Wales.
3. The city is home to the largest saltwater lake in the southern hemisphere, Lake Macquarie. The lake covers an area of 110 square kilometres and is a popular destination for boating and fishing.
4. Newcastle is known for its beautiful beaches. The city has a coastline that stretches for 32 kilometres and is home to nine beaches, including the popular Merewether Beach.
5. Newcastle has a rich industrial history and was home to many steel and manufacturing industries. The city was the birthplace of the world's first rotary coal loader, which was invented in 1933 to speed up the process of loading coal onto ships.
6. The city has a vibrant arts community and is home to many galleries and museums, including the Newcastle Art Gallery, which has a collection of more than 6,500 Australian artworks.
7. Newcastle is home to the Newcastle Knights, a professional rugby league team that competes in the National Rugby League (NRL). The Knights have won two NRL premierships, in 1997 and 2001.
8. The city has a strong music scene and has produced many successful musicians, including Silverchair, The Screaming Jets, and The Angels.
9. Newcastle is also known for its delicious food and wine. The city is surrounded by fertile farmland and vineyards, and is home to many award-winning restaurants and wineries.
10. Newcastle is a popular destination for tourists, with many attractions such as the Hunter Valley wine region, the Newcastle Museum, and the Newcastle Ocean Baths.
Newcastle is a diverse and fascinating city with a rich history, natural beauty, and a thriving arts and culture scene.